Over 100 million selfies are taken every single day! But most of us could use a bit of help improving the quality of our selfies. Fortunately we've got two selfie pros in Matt and Dan to give you some top tips to take better selfies.
According to reports, 100 million selfies are taken every single day. Want yours to stand out from the bunch? Then watch this.
- A selfie is a selfie and therefore by definition it can't be taken by any one else, so if you're gonna take a selfie, you've got to do it yourself and not like this.
- Next, determine the mood and where your selfie will end up. A Facebook selfie, for example, may have a completely different feel to one that you put on Instagram, so be wary of going multi-platform without thinking about it. And if it's on SnapChat, you might want to add in that puppy nose and ears and stuff, possibly. So, for example, moody. Fun. And art house.
- And finally, backdrop. Make sure you carefully consider what is in the background of your selfie as that will form an integral part of the photograph, that is of course unless you are going full screen close up like so. Pro tip, always check for boogers or bogies in a reflective surface especially if you're going really close up.
There are numerous techniques to employ but the classic, quick, go-to method especially for cyclists that are on the move and want to capture themselves and the stunning backdrop is the extended arm elbow lock. Yeah, the elbow lock technique gives you much more stability with your phone and a wider coverage to your photo. It's very popular amongst cyclists because generally they perform some of the time all of the time.
- Okay, with the basics and the technique dialed, let's now move onto types of selfie.
1. The off center. Subject is left or right of center with the dual focus being you and a great view.
2. The riding selfie. Not a method that we can really endorse here at GCN due to the safety aspect but we do accept that it does exist.
3. The celeb. You with a cycling celebrity or other type of celebrity. Delete as applicable.
4. The photo bomb. These work two ways. Either you are bombed by someone else in your photo, or you selfied your way into somebody else's gig.
5. The double. You and someone else but not a celebrity. The fail selfie. As the title suggests, this is when a selfie goes horribly wrong, eyes closed, someone in the background taking a call of nature, you get the picture.
6. The selfie selfie, with someone else taking a selfie at the same time.
So, now you know how to selfie like a pro. - Let us know how you get on and show us how you get on. By putting your selfies on social media with the hashtag #GCNSelfie
If you'd like to contribute captions and video info in your language, here's the link 👍 http://gcn.eu/s1
The Global Cycling Network puts you in the centre of the action: from the iconic climbs of Alpe D’Huez and Mont Ventoux to the cobbles of Flanders, everywhere there is road or pavé, world-class racing and pro riders, we will be there bringing you action, analysis and unparalleled access every week, every month, and every year. We show you how to be a better cyclist with our bike maintenance videos, tips for improving your cycling, cycling top tens, and not forgetting the weekly GCN Show. Join us on YouTube’s biggest and best cycling channel to get closer to the action and improve your riding!
Welcome to the Global Cycling Network | Inside cycling
Thanks to our sponsors:
Alta Badia: http://gcn.eu/AltaBadia- // Maratona Dles Dolomites: http://gcn.eu/MaratonaDlesDolomites-
Assos of Switzerland: http://gcn.eu/Assos
KASK helmets: http://gcn.eu/KASK
fi’zi:k shoes and saddles: http://gcn.eu/fizikshoes and http://gcn.eu/fiziksaddles
Topeak tools: http://gcn.eu/Topeak
Canyon bikes: http://gcn.eu/-Canyon
DT Swiss: http://gcn.eu/DtSwiss
Science in Sport: http://gcn.eu/SiS
Orbea bikes: http://gcn.eu/Orbea
Trek Bicycles: http://gcn.eu/-Trek
Vision wheels: http://gcn.eu/Vision
Zipp wheels: http://gcn.eu/Zipp
Wahoo Fitness: http://gcn.eu/Wahoo-Fitness
Park Tool: http://gcn.eu/-parktool
Continental tyres: http://gcn.eu/continental-
Leave us a comment below!
E-biking has taken off in the last few years, from cargo bikes to eMTBs, electric motors have helped more people get into the world of cycling. Ollie and Alex have teamed up with @TQEBike to investigate the tech behind electric bikes. They tell you the key differences between eRoad and eGravel bikes. Which one will you pick?
Can you REALLY wheelie on a road bike? Or are crazy skills just for mountain bikers? Hank is with Blake from GMBN, who attempts to teach him to wheelie on a road bike. Will he accomplish this tricky bike skill or will it end in disaster?
eBikes are gaining popularity, but what is preventing further uptake? Si thinks he has the answer. e-Bikes are just too slow. Should the speed limit be changed to match those in the US? Or is this too dangerous? In other news, the Visma Lease-A-Bike team have been greedy, hogging 6 race wins over the weekend and a police operation saw a bike theft gang put behind (handle)bars.
The @Zwift Games are back so what better excuse to put the presenters in the pain cave for a series of races to determine who the fastest presenter is now! We've got colleagues from the German, Spanish and Italian Channels and even the Triahtletes throwing their hats into the ring for a static bike showdown. Who's your money on?
Get the latest, most entertaining and best informed news, reviews, challenges, insights, analysis, competitions and offers - straight to your inbox